We hope you’ve enjoyed looking back at Part One of our end of year round up, and sharing our key milestones in 2023! Before we wind down for the festive season, we’ve got Part Two of our end of year-round up for you. Read on to see more notable achievements from 2023.
Proxymity attends Sibos Toronto, 2023
This September Proxymity exhibited for the first time at the internationally famous Sibos exhibition, organized by SWIFT. This year the exhibition was held in Toronto, and was biggest global financial services event of the year. During the exhibition, our Co-Founders Dean Little and Jonathan Smalley had the opportunity to present our views on “Global Governance in Capital Markets & Securities Services: Finding Solutions that Enable a better Ecosystem”.
Addressing an audience of key stakeholders, they shared insights on the pressing challenges and proposed actionable solutions for enhancing global governance. Get the highlights from our session here.
End of Season Round-Up – 2023 our busiest AGM season to date
This season marked an extraordinary milestone for Proxymity as we welcomed an unprecedented number of international clients and partners to our innovative platform. Prior to the season beginning, we worked hard to collaborate with and onboard several global industry giants, including DNB, Clearstream, Citi, StateStreet, Computershare, and BNY Mellon.
Discover more on our biggest AGM season yet and read insights from the team at Proxymity.
Webinars in 2023
This year, Proxymity in collaboration with our network of partners, had the pleasure of participating in numerous insightful sessions. If you missed these, don’t worry you can always catch up with some of the records below:
● Alongside IR Magazine we hosted a webinar on “Using Shareholder Insights to Drive Engagement” which uncovered strategies on enhancing shareholder engagement and more, watch the recording here
● Proxymity and FIS also co-hosted an industry webinar on “Fast-Tracking Good Governance with Proxy Voting: Insights for Success”
● Our team in APAC in collaboration with Computershare New Zealand hosted a webinar on “Bringing digital proxy voting to NZ Issuers” were we discussed to make the transition of digital proxy voting more efficient and transparent
● Our webinar on Global Proxy Voting Transformation with Global Custodian revealed the power of digital transformation in proxy voting. Watch the on-demand recording here
● And most recently, we also co-hosted another webinar with IR Magazine to uncover more trends affecting investor relations in this new era of shareholder democracy. Check out the webinar
Proxymity opened new offices in New York City
In January this year we expanded the team and opened new offices in the heart of New York City, a significant milestone for our company and it marked an important step forward in our growth and expansion. The soaring volumes witnessed on our platform stand as a testament to the trust and confidence placed in our solutions.
Back in the UK, the team also moved into lovely new offices in London and Manchester!
Our founders share their insights
Our Co-Founders, Dean Little and Jonathan Smalley are experts in the industry, with decades of experience between them. We’ve rounded up insights they shared throughout 2023 for you below:
1. Discover insights from our 2023 October survey with the Value Exchange on ‘Proxy voting and Class Actions: Today’s ESG Challenge’ as shared by our COO and Co-Founder Jon here
2. As the financial industry continues to evolve, the demand for faster more efficient communications and data has never been greater. Learn more on the impact of ISO 20022 in a connected world
3. Dean and Jon speak to Global Custodian Magazine at the Sibos 2023 exhibition in Toronto, sharing their thoughts on the proxy voting land in the North American Market, the launch of Vote Connect in the region and their experience at Sibos. Watch the interview
4. One of the most noteworthy changes recently is the emergence of digital boardrooms and proxy voting, reshaping the the landscape of corporate governance. Learn more about this move towards inclusive corporate governance here
5. Fixing faulty proxy voting plumbing this AGM season, discover the importance of effective shareholder communication and digital solutions needed to enhance engagement, transparency and accountability in this article co-authored by Dean and Jon
6. Proxy voting has long been a critical aspect of corporate governance, allowing shareholders to exercise their voting rights and influence important decisions. Learn more on how corporate governance is being revolutionised in the full article here
7. According to our co-founder and CEO Dean, it’s the season to embrace digital proxy voting solutions. He delves deeper into why digital proxy voting technology can enhance the connection between companies and their shareholders, learn more
Thanks for a great year!
We hope you’ve enjoyed learning more about all our highlights this year, which wouldn’t be possible without the team at Proxymity and our network of partners across the world. We can’t wait to see what 2024 has in store for us. Thanks for being part of our journey!